While shipping from Bangladesh, customs clearance will depend on the category of the good you are shipping. Your shipment can be categorized as –
- Documents, which do not have any commercial value.
- Non-document dutiable goods, which carries commercial value.
- Shipments of Documents, which do not have any commercial value requires only fully completed Stargaze International Air Waybill.
Shipment of non-document dutiable goods, which carries commercial value requires the following documentation:
- Three copies of original commercial invoice in company letterhead for company to company non-document shipments.
- Export Registration Certificate
- Value Added Tax Registration (VAT) Certificate and
- Copy of the authorized letter identifying shipper as a liaison office or buying house.
Prohibitions & Restrictions
Bangladesh Customs has prohibited and restricted certain items for export from Bangladesh. These items are in addition to items prohibited by the IATA. Shippers are responsible for making sure that the goods they are shipping will be accepted by the destination country.
Shipment of the following items are forbidden for export from Bangladesh
- Pornographic materials
- Arms and explosives
- Leather (Wet blue)
- Ice (Wet)
- Radioactive material
- Jewelry containing precious metals
- Metals, precious
- Food, perishable
- Human body parts
- Live animals
Shipment of the following items are restricted for export from Bangladesh
Shipment of original passports is totally restricted by the Customs of Bangladesh, but it may be exported in special cases with the endorsement of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Shipping Regulations of Bangladesh
Please remember the following regulations while shipping from Bangladesh:
- For size and weight maximums please check with the destination country's limits.
- Dimensional weight or actual weight, whichever is greater, determines the shipment tariff.